Overheating death of caged dog
When the dryer used to dry off two caged dogs that had recently been bathed was left unattended, one dog died and the other sustained significant injuries due to hyperthermia. An investigation involved taking instrumented thermal measurements within the cage using the subject and an exemplar dryer. We evaluated the dryer’s design, including its warnings and features, to determine whether it contributed to the tragedy.
Product/Machine Design Analysis
- Testing & measurement
- Human factors analysis
- Risk assessment & product design evaluation