Apartment fire caused by… floating clothes dryer
During a torrential rain, an explosion and subsequent fire in an apartment building was linked to a gas leak. The physical evidence suggested one possible cause of the gas leak was large-scale movement of a clothes dryer in the flooded basement of the building. We performed full-scale testing with thousands of gallons of water to determine if a clothes dryer could float and be moved by rapidly rising water.
Accident Reconstruction, Product/Machine Design Analysis
- Testing & measurement